Providing Individual, Couples and Family counseling to Youth thru Elders
The practice is not limited by or to Gender for Individuals. Services are offered to Youth through the life span to Elders. Couples (including same sex) and Families are welcome.
Treatment specialization includes:
Thoughts & Feelings
- Coping Skills
- Grief & Loss
- Mood Disorders
- Self Esteem & Self Advocacy
- Intellectual & Developmental Delays
- Life Adjustments, Changes & Transitions
- Parenting Support
- Personal Growth & Development
- Stress Manangement
- Work Life Balance
- Blended & Divorced Families
- Boundary & Limit Setting
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Growth & Strengthening
- Reunification/Reintegration Protocol (for estrangement due to abuse or divorce)
- Social Skills
- First Responder Emotional Health
- Military Member Emotional Health
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Sexual Abuse Victimization & Survivorship
- Sex Offender Adjunct Services (Non-SOTP Individual, Marital, Family, Apology/Restitution)
- Family Members of Sex Offenders Group
As a therapist who has worked with both the victim and survivor, as well as the offender, sides of the sexual abuse dynamic, Shenan founded and continues to facilitate this non-judgmental resource for the family members of juveniles and adults who have been accused and/or convicted of a sexual offense. This Group provides Support, Education and Prevention information on this highly sensitive subject. Topics covered may include how to respond to and cope with discovering a loved one has been accused of a sexual offense; navigating the legal and treatment systems; making decisions about your relationship with and reaction to the accused/convicted; making healthy choices and setting appropriate boundaries; examining and understanding societal and own personal views of sexual abuse; gaining knowledge about the dynamics of sexual abuse and its impact on primary and secondary victims; advocating prevention and safety.
A pre-screening is required prior to attendance. Individual counseling is also available to address these issues.
Additional Services offered include:
Consultation, Trainings & Presentations
These can be customized on a variety of relevant mental health and wellness topics to meet the needs of your professional group, community organization, or other gathering. Please call to learn more.